Guildford Lions Club is just one of approx. 810 clubs in the British Isles which can be found in most towns and cities
Our Guildford club meets monthly at the Waterside Centre and our aim is to help create a better environment in which our community can flourish
We work with a number of Guildford agencies and charities, both large and small, to identify and help as many people as possible in our community.
The majority of the funds we raise are used locally, although when disasters strike around the world, we unite with other Lions Clubs globally to offer assistance wherever we can.
Our club has approx. 50 members all of whom are volunteers (there are no paid positions) and operates six major fund raising events annually, each of which is organised by a small group of members:
- An Easter Fayre held each Easter Monday at Shalford Park
- A Spring proms held at GLive
- Our Raft Race starting from Millmead and is part of the Guildford Festival
- A Music in the Park Concert at Hatchlands Park in July
- 2 Charity Runs held at Hatchlands Park in the late summer
- Our largest event - the annual torchlight procession and Fireworks display at Stoke Park in November
The profits we make are distributed via our Welfare Committee again comprising a small group of members
However it is not all work as we like to play as well and have a rich and varied social program including evening social events, dinners, golf and weekends away etc.
We are a non-political organisation and welcome all newcomers irrespective of race, religion or sexual orientation - if your time is limited why not consider becoming a Supporter of the Club and helping out where possible at our fundraising events.
If you are interested in joining the club or becoming a Supporter click here Contact us